“Interviewing is not a science. Nor is it an art form. It is simply an imperfect form of human communication designed to increase the predictive validity of potential employer-employee relationships.” ~Tearetha Croxton
Top 10 Critical Success Factors
No matter how good you look on paper, how well you present yourself, or how well you answer questions, you will not get the job unless you make a personal connection with the interviewer.
Here are the top 10 critical success factors nearly every employer is seeking:
1. Positive attitude toward work.
2. Proficiency in field of study.
3. Communication skills (oral and written).
4. Interpersonal skills / excellent corporate image.
6. Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Be prepared for these general questions that are frequently asked of candidates:
1. What do you know about our company?
2. Tell me about yourself.
3. Why do you feel that you are the best candidate for this position?
4. What are two or three of your strongest attributes or qualifications?
5. Can you provide us with an example of when you successfully used those attributes to resolve a problem?
6. Can you give me an example of when you had to make an unpopular decision?
7. Can you give me a specific example that showcases your leadership style and skills?
8. Can you describe a time when you developed a creative solution to a problem?
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?